Monday, November 9, 2009

Blissful weekend

Cheer if you love slumber parties! Well, a party of two - with posh arugula salad - and lasagna so hearty you have to eat it in a bowl - and hot chocolate laced with peppermint schnapps. And somehow we managed to roll over to the couch for a night of knitting and crocheting (until 4:30 in the morning, in fact!).

This is my new Catherine Wheel Scarf. I so wanted to finish it in time for colder weather. It's very soft, made from bamboo and silk. Butter is scratchier than this stuff.




It was so good to sit and talk and crochet and eat and laugh and talk to a far-away friend. When the phone rang, we didn't really pay much attention until we heard that small Australian accent on the answering machine and literally leaped from the couch, knitting needles and yarn flying, to grab the phone before she could hang up. You never heard such giggles and squeals from a pair of thirty year old women. Not even Christmas is that good. I only wish it could have lasted longer.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

:) I'm glad you got a big surprise. Two great ladies in one spot, I couldn't resist!
Sounds like a wonderful time was had and I bet you have already planned for the next get together.

Sarah said...

It's looking good!! Crafting time in here full fledge. Watch out Christmas... I got your number!!