Monday, March 16, 2009

This is what thirty-one looks like

New Stash
New Swift (Thanks, Dear!)
New Life

Daffodils are my very favorites; they always bloom around my birthday. It's not always sunny on this day, but wherever these beauties grow the world glows a little brighter.

It's been a peaceful sort of birthday. The sun shines, the rain drizzles, the wind blows. In short, it's spring outside! The only real hiccup came at breakfast when Owen couldn't make up his mind whether or not to eat the cereal he asked for. When I said I was going to take it away, he said, "I be good, Mama." When I set the bowl back in front of him, he said, "Mmm... maybe not."

Right now the planets have aligned and both boys are asleep. If I act fast, I might have time to learn the three-needle bind off I need to connect the front to the back of the Owl Vest!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday Erin! Hope you have the best day ever! Oh, that yarn looks sooo soft!

Mom said...

The day I brought you home from the hospital, there was a thunder and lightning and hail storm - I held you up to the window and said, "Here's your first storm, just for you!" You're a real spring child -