Thursday, March 12, 2009

Do Over

It must be the Spring Cleaning bug. I feel like we're living in a petri dish - like every single thing we own is either crummy or dirty or lost among the dirty, crummy stuff (except for the yarn, of course, it's all good). I want to take every last thing we own outside, scrub the house clean with a truckload of baking soda and vinegar and only bring in the things we love and couldn't live without. Like when we were kids and had a do over to restart a game that had gone awry. I want a house Do-Over. Just start over at a new place and only bring in things that pass the test.

My biggest obstacle (besides all that tempting yarn) are the small people who live here with me. Since they have no off buttons (belive me, I've checked - no mute either) and they insist on following me everywhere I have a lot of trouble focusing on chores. Usually the chores are simply forgotten about while I rescue Owen from himself (playing in the toilet sounds like fun to a two year old, I guess), then sit down to nurse the baby AGAIN. That's why all our spoons are dirty, our carpet is a slightly darker color than it should be, and I can barely see out certain windows for all the fingerprints (and dog prints, but that's another story).

The solution? I don't know. Maybe I can send the boys off with Daddy this weekend for a couple of hours; long enough for a basic cleaning, anyway. Quoting one of the guys from Mad Max: "Plan? There ain't no plan."


2 comments:

Erin Joy said...

You have two small males following you around all day!? Weird. Does JJ know about this? Creepy. Let me know if I can help. I'll totally beat them up if they're bothering you. I mean, only your CHILDREN should follow you around... oh that's who you're talking about. Sheesh!! Embarrassing! I would never beat up my nephews. Oh except that one time I totally body slammed Owen. It was awesome. He deserved it by the way.

Mom said...

Sounds like it's time to take a deep breath, choose one room (or one corner if that's all you can handle) and dejunk - work your way through one area (taking as many hours/days as necessary), then clean, then move on to another spot - this isn't a race, it doesn't matter how long it takes - just don't give up and give in to inertia - that's a deep hole that's hard to scramble out of - and it's no fun down there!