Friday, May 4, 2012

Slow down, I want to get off!


Do you ever feel anxious for no good reason?  Oh good, I'm not the only one, then.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but some days I feel like I'm on that Crazy Train running off its tracks into the wild unknown, way too fast and completely unbalanced.  Making lists helps, throwing things away and sending the rest to Goodwill does too, but underneath the tidy notes and bulging garbage bags there is still a note of uncertainty - well, that's not really accurate - more like blind panic, really - and suddenly I'm not driving the Crazy Train anymore, I'm watching as it hurtles down the tunnel coming straight at me a million miles a minute.  At the moment I'm self-medicating with coral nail polish and a funky asymmetrical haircut.  It seems to be working. 

3 comments:

Dana said...

The question is...where would you be if you got off? Probably Nowheresville - not a fun place to be, I'm guessing...

Lynda said...

deep and dark! What's going on?

Start imagining a crazy plane and fly it to Oz

Katie Elizabeth said...

I think the real question here, is are you wearing the right shoes. Because we all know, that if you are wearing the right shoes, you can get through just about anything.