Monday, July 18, 2011

It's been so chilly I've already worn it...


The latest little bit of loveliness to grace the handknit drawer: the knitted neckwarmer (108-53) by DROPS, knit with two strands of Malabrigo lace (colorway: alpine pearl). 


Oh, hello you in the mirror in your fabulous new cowl.


Smile!  Why so serious?  Oh yeah, 'cuz this camera takes concentration.


Self portraits are hard but I was impatient to get it on film for Ravelry (sorry to those of you for whom this is all old news).  All I can say is I LOVE this thing.  It's light, it's warm, it's oh-so soft - I mean, we're talking the bees' knees here.  I'd had this pattern in my Rav queue for ages, just gathering proverbial dust.  When I unearthed two skeins of the same colorway Malabrigo I knew what I had to do.


But what to do with the leftovers?

4 comments:

Oiyi said...

It's pretty and cozy looking.

Lynda said...

There were leftovers. Gosh that yarn knits and knits. It looks like you could separate them again and have a whole skein left.
I like you serious! :D

Sarah Scriberson said...

It's beautiful and we certainly are having the weather for it!

Katie Elizabeth said...

Hello! I have been here to visit, but not said a thing. Sorry. I love these photos. YOu look so glam. The cowl is lovely, and your photos have been great with your new camera. Very sharp.