Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snug as bugs in little woolen rugs



Hey there coming from a sleety night.  When I go outside I hear a soft "tick tick tick" of tiny ice pellets and snow flakes hitting the patio, the branches, the fence.  It's so pretty - makes me feel very calm suddenly - maybe because I'm standing just outside my cozy little house where the lamps are glowing yellow and the whole family is home and safe and warm.  And there will be chicken pot pie for dinner tonight!  Hurray!  And if it keeps snowing there will definitely be some cocoa and knitting and maybe a movie.  Anything can happen on a night like tonight.

Update: three helpings of homemade chicken pot pie later and I am quite content to do Absolutely Nothing for the rest of the evening...

3 comments:

Lynda said...

OOh warm and toasty mitts and the yarn is just like I imagined. Reminds me of fluffy little chicks.
You have to soak up those snowy vistas while they last!

Sarah said...

After skidding around the streets a bit, then making home safely (few!), I made a big pot of my curry veggie lentil stew. Yummmm!

Katie Elizabeth said...

Sounds lovely! Oh, and that yarn! Baby chicks, and sunshine for the winter.