Sunday, October 3, 2010

Owl at my home

basket

Have you ever read Owl At Home by Arnold Lobel?  If you haven't, you should.  A collection of homey little stories revolving around a friendly owl and his cozy home - it's the perfect read for a chilly October day.  The details in the illustrations are the icing on the cake.  A fat teapot, pumpkin finials on the bedposts, a bowl of pea soup.  The story where Owl makes tea from his tears is especially sweet.  Thinking about sad things he pictures books with torn pages and lost spoons, has a good cry, drinks his tea and feels much better about things.  Isn't that just the way?  After a week of temperatures in the eighties I'm enjoying the first chilly gray day of October.  I'll be bringing Owl with me a lot this month, I think.

1 comment:

Blue Monkey said...

Sounds wonderful. Made in my Wish list :)
Thanks... it's sweeet...