Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Don't bother me I'm accessorizing


If I look slightly pleased with myself, it's because I am.  This hat, though bigger and thicker than the original, is so warm and squishy and fun I just can't stand it.  I made the smallest version, owing to the worsted rather than sport weight yarn I used, and it fits perfectly.  I might have to make another using a thinner yarn, just to have choices, you know?  You gotta have choices!



And because I am truly a big Dork I made matching leather cuffs for Owen and his Auntie Sarah (click the link and scroll down for the terrific tutorial).  I found this wonderfully awful belt at my favorite thrift store, Village Merchants, for $5 and with a little help from JJ's muscles (those snaps are hard to pound in) whipped up a few crazy cuffs.  I see more of these in my future...

4 comments:

Katie Elizabeth said...

I love that you can actually pull off that crazy hat.

Katie Elizabeth said...

and that belt really was a great find.

Oiyi said...

Great hat! I made mine in handspun and it was awesome! I can't wait until the weather is cold enough to wear a hat.

Dana said...

Where there's life, there's crafting!