Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Splendor in the grass

It's a quiet Wednesday here in rainy Tigard. Owen has had a sore throat all week and hasn't been sleeping well so we're pretty much staying in, reading books, watching Scooby Doo and stuff like that. Yesterday's brief foray to the grocery store ended with "I'm too tired" tears so I think we'll be staying inside today.

These beautiful little wood violets are popping up in the grass and over-grown flower beds throughout the yard. Last week the sun shone down and illuminated their little purple faces. Today they are glistening in the rain. I do love a flower that thrives with absolutely no help from me.

I haven't forgotten about the "Handmade Parade" either - I've been photographing a few things but am waiting for Sarah's big surprise before I do the reveal. I wonder what it is??? It won't be too long before I'm able to show off HER birthday present - so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Oiyi said...

I hope he feels better soon. My kid and I got sick last week. She gave it to me. The coughing was so bad that it would keep her up during nap times and at night.