Thursday, November 19, 2009

Chores vs pinball


A gray and windy day today. Preschool and a trip to the library helped. And some pinball at home (as seen above through the photographic stylings of Owen). Mostly I wanted to crawl under a blanket and sleep for one-hundred years. Too many late nights of crafting. It's hard to balance Me Time, Kid Time and Chore Time. I'm not sure I'm getting better at any of it, but we roll along anyway. Even as we speak my knitting bag is looking at me smugly, taunting me with its yawning maw of yarn. The stack of books that neither Owen nor I could resist is stacked precariously on the coffee table. Glasses and silverware and plates crowd the counter tops in the kitchen, jocking for prime position in the dishwasher. Clothes that have been washed twice are wilting in the washing machine, dreaming of coming in out of the cold and stepping into a warm dryer. I know I'm tired when I start anthropomorphizing. You don't even want to know what the bathroom is muttering under its breath...

3 comments:

Dana said...

Time to use Phil's great phrase - let's move like we've got a purpose!!!

Sarah said...

You are hysterical! No one wants to know what my house or room or whatever would say if it could talk... GROSS! Although my christmas cactus would say "Yippeeee!" because it's blooming for the first time ever! Pink!

Katie Elizabeth said...

Great post. I want to say something very witty about it- poignant even... but my brain feels like your laundry.