Saturday, October 3, 2009

A mitten... almost!

I'm not sure what's gotten into me... but I'm posting again!
This time it is because of this sweet project that I'm involved in and so far so good! Like my sister was saying, it's always nice when a project comes together. Especially if it's these mitten!!!



Yeah! They are for a very special friend of mine named Kristin. She recently broke my heart and moved back to Northern Michigan where she is from. I figured her hands would get cold and I couldn't bare the thought of her hands being bare. (hee hee)

They are from an old Interweave Crochet Magazine. They are the Thrummed mittens. They would make up real quick except for the fact that every other stitch in every other round needs to have a little thrum woven into it. A thrum is a raw piece of wool that has been twisted into a very thin (same size ish as your yarn) figure 8. I would make everyone a pair of these I know if the process didn't cause my left forearm to want to explode!
Maybe some lucky other will be chosen for this project!

This is what the inside looks like...



Well... I think I'm going to go and finish them!! At least this one.

What do you mean I have to make another one!!!???

2 comments:

Erin Joy said...

Sweeeeet!!! Love me some mitten, yes I do. Where's mine?? I suppose you won't make me a pair since you know I'm capable of doing it myself. Drat.

Dana said...

Of course, she could always keep one hand in her pocket, thus only needing one mitten...it's a thought...