Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thinking inside the box

We were having a grouchy-mama and naughty-children day yesterday. It started out well enough; we got the carpet vacuumed and made a tasty lunch (a little too much salt on the sweet potato fries, but oh well) and things just seemed to spiral downhill from there. Finally Owen got so out of control that I sent him to his room.

When I went in to check on him, this is what I saw:


Was he playing hide and seek?

No, he was sound asleep. In a box.


The evening took a slightly better turn after that. Until Aidan wouldn't go to sleep...but that's a whole new issue! Maybe I should have put him in a box, too...

4 comments:

Dana said...

Absolutely too cute for words - I wonder if that box was his car or rocketship or boat or firetruck or ???????????????

Erin Joy said...

Usually he puts it on his head and pretends he's a robot!

Katie Elizabeth said...

Today, I feel like putting a box on my head and pretending that I am a robot.

Erin Joy said...

Uh oh, sounds like someone should come to my house this weekend and cheer up! Seriously, Katie - I'm counting the seconds until Saturday. I hope you get here at the crack of dawn, I'm so excited!