Monday, March 23, 2009

Too bad cupcakes don't breed like bunnies...

It isn't every day you get to hold a tiny baby bunny. It even looked small in Owen's little hands. Our neighbor brought them over to visit - we almost didn't let her leave!


I think this photo captures Owen's awe over the babies pretty well. He had been taking a nap (in a diaper and socks, no less) and couldn't believe his luck when we woke him up. I can't believe how little their velvety ears are!

We also baked and decorated cupcakes today. Hungry?


But the best part for me was finishing Aidan's Owl Baby Vest! I haven't felt such pride in my whole life. I can't believe how cute this is. He's going to be wearing it everywhere - and good thing, too, because it just fits. His head is bigger around than his brother's so the neck will be getting good and stretched out. I almost don't know what to do with myself now - yeah, right, never mind the other numerous projects waving their arms in the air: "Pick me, pick me!"

6 comments:

Erin Joy said...

Oh my goodness gracious!!! What I day I am sooo jealous! Sheesh. I started something today that you will laugh a lot about. I'll have to make Owen one. Save me a cupcake!?

Erin Joy said...

Can't wait to see it! Can you give me a hint? Check out Ravelry for a photo of Aidan wearing the vest over his jammies...couldn't resist! I'll save you two cupcakes if you promise to come over and play this week!

Mom said...

Major cuteness attack!!! You'll have to show Owen the picture of Nana holding the baby chick - he'll be jealous - and I'm pretty sure Owen and Backa will want an owl vest, too - you're going to be busier than ever!

LittleCanoe said...

The vest turned out great! I love it.

Adrienne said...

Wow! You finished that vest fast! It's sooo cute! Must be that time of year, we went to the farm the other day and saw a bunch of babies animals - although I think I was more excited about them than Gabriel...

instruments alone said...

Hi! Cute blog - cute bunny. Thanks for posting a link! I look forward to reading more about your projects. I've been crocheting with plarn (yarn made from plastic bags) - I'll send you a pic of my bag when I'm done! xoxo emily