Sunday, April 8, 2012

Drama in the air










You know that phrase, "I try to live simply, but drama keeps fallowing me"?  I've felt like that lately.  Lucky for me, the drama in the sky is always more impressive and compelling than the drama on the ground.  Last Tuesday the sky looked like a Maxfield Parrish painting - dark blue storm clouds rising ominously behind low clouds turned pink and gold by the setting sun.  The sky was robin egg blue, enhanced by the yellow and gray tones.  Stepping outside the light was flat, the air close despite the occasional breeze.  It was eery and exciting - just the kind of storm one expects to herald grand tidings and adventures.  Well, for me it heralded a trip to Target for nail polish - but sometimes that's just the right amount of adventure, right?

4 comments:

BEESTLYproducts said...

those clouds are super dreamy! the pfcnw is so magical!

LittleCanoe said...

Even though I dislike the rain, Spring can be such an exciting time for weather in Oregon. I do welcome the occasional thunderstorm, but I've been pleased as punch that we've had a couple of sunny days.

Dana said...

Cool images!

Lynda said...

Love that you captured that lone bird. Awesome pictures.