Monday, April 12, 2010

Shalom!




I'm so excited to finally be able to show off Sarah's Shalom - the little sleeveless cardi that took the world by storm. When I saw it I just knew I wanted to make it. It only comes in one size (small) so I knew it was meant for Sarah. I added more buttons than was called for and toyed with the idea of sleeves, but in the end I left them off and hoped for the best. Actually, I ran out of yarn so the question of to sleeve or not to sleeve became moot. Plus there's something to be said for knitting a sweater for $15 - I mean, the buttons almost cost more than the sweater!

4 comments:

Sayschnicklefritz said...

It's a perfect Portland sweater: designed to be worn with a long sleeve light weight T-shirt underneath!
Whenever I hear the word "shalom" now, I'm reminded of the Diversity Day training episode of The Office, which is too bad because it's a lovely word.

Erin Joy said...

Yes! Oh man, I'd totally forgotten. I'm really pleased with how the sweater turned out - a good first adult sweater to make!

Katie Elizabeth said...

Yay! It is super cute!

Oiyi said...

Great looking sweater. The color is going to go with a lot of outfits.