Friday, March 26, 2010

Beach Trip!








It isn't every day you get invited to stay at a beach house located literally ON THE BEACH. Wednesday afternoon the boys and I took off for Cannon Beach to stay at the beach house of some friends (the older boys have been playing together since they were five months old!). Is that a view or is that a view? Right across a little lane was the sand, the surf, the lighthouse and Haystack Rock. We wished the dads could have come, but someone has to work to pay for gas, right? I won't say it was the most relaxing vacation I've ever had - but it certainly had one of the best views I've ever had.

Today was the nicest day so the boys and I hit the beach once in the morning, then Owen and I went back out to play in the water in the afternoon. Cool breezes, warm sunshine, "refreshing" waves...what else is there?? Right now my brain is full of beach air, road music and utter exhaustion. I think I'm going to stretch out and crash with the kids - until they make me get up and feed them!

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Lucky you. You're right it looks an awesome spot to holiday. Beautiful pics.

Dana said...

Even a rainbow - how cool is that???

Sayschnicklefritz said...

Oh, I love Haystack Rock. Love it and miss it.