Monday, October 5, 2009

87 days until Christmas

Not that I'm counting or anything. I am getting into the holiday spirit, however, with these felted trees. I love 'em. I've got another one ready to felt and a big purple one on the needles. Must buy more wool!! I'm thinking about getting some black and orange and making a couple witch hats. Maybe decorate them with plastic spiders and things. Cute, huh?




Last Christmas was the pits. We all had tonsillitis and/or the flu. And we had a three month old baby. We didn't decorate or buy a tree or anything. It was sooo sad. The only saving grace was I was just barely able to drive the boys through a snow storm to Mom's house - and promptly got stuck three blocks away. Phil and Sarah bailed us out and soon there was hot soup to warm our bellies. But still - it wasn't quite the jolly holiday it could have been. This year will be different! This year we'll do things up proper! Martha Stewart - watch out!

4 comments:

katielizabeth said...

Super fun! Are those little silver beads? I do like them. Now I want to do a whole set in cream and natural shades. Yes, let's give the ol' so and so a run for her money! I am going to start right now!

Erin Joy and Sarah Jane said...

Yes, the dark green has two different sized silver beads and the light green has clear glass beads with gold details. I have a bunch of beads rattling around in tiny jars in the craft room (they drive Owen nuts - he wants to get in there so bad). They needed a home! I like the idea of white/natural too!

littlebirdbigcity said...

Cute! I'm so excited for holiday goodness!

Rima said...

Totally cute!

Rima
www.yarnydays.com