Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Reading List


New books from Annie Bloom's bookstore! I'm always excited to get new books; now if I could just find more time to read them... hey, that's what midnight is for!

Dinner out with Monica to celebrate our birthdays last night. Marco's Cafe in Multnomah Village preceded by a quick jaunt to the yarn shop there where I bought a small ball of Australian Alpaca for $6 in a pretty discontinued purplish color (purple seems to be the theme of this week!).

I could see this becoming part of a lovely little scarf... or maybe edging... or maybe a touch of lace? Possibilities... It was so nice to have an evening off to shop, wander, eat, chat - without being interrupted - but it was nice to come home to the boys (all three of them) and all the chaos that comes with them. A jar of upset babyfood, laundry basket tipped over on the bed, playdough tools on the carpet; it's all part of the package around here.

And before I forget: thanks so much, Sarah, for the lace collar! It's beautiful - and I can't believe how fast you whipped it out! I mean, you just bought that yarn on Saturday!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I remember crawling under the giant purple rhododendron in our front yard and reading away lazy summer afternoons as a kid - when you crawled under the low hanging branches, you were in a little natural fort where no one could see you - perfect spot for reading -